What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing enables computer system resources, especially storage and computing power, to be available on demand without direct active management by the user. The term is generally used to describe business systems that are delivered to many users over the Internet.
Cloud Computing Basics
Whether you are running applications that share photos to millions of mobile users or you’re supporting the critical operations of your business, a cloud services platform provides rapid access to flexible and low cost IT resources. With cloud computing, you don’t need to make large upfront investments in hardware and spend a lot of time on the heavy lifting of managing that hardware.
Alternatively, you can provision theFMStudio to manage these services – to monitor & maintain these systems and other IT resources on your behalf, freeing your time to get on with business.
What are the advantages & benefits of Cloud Computing?
- Trade capital expense for variable expense. Instead of having to invest heavily in Computer Hardware and Servers, you only need pay when you consume computing resources, and only pay for how much you consume.
- Benefit from massive economies of scale. By using cloud computing, you can achieve a lower variable cost than you can get on your own. Because usage from hundreds of thousands of customers are aggregated in the cloud, Web Services providers can achieve higher economies of scale which translates into lower pay as you go prices
- Stop guessing capacity. You can eliminate guessing your infrastructure capacity needs. When you make a capacity decision prior to deploying an application, you often either end up sitting on expensive idle resources or dealing with limited capacity. With cloud computing, these problems go away. You can access as much or as little as you need, and scale up and down as required with only a few minutes notice. The configuration of Computer power (CPU’s), Memory (GBs) & Storage can be changed at the flick of a switch.
- Increase speed and agility. In a cloud computing environment, new IT resources are only ever a click away, which means you reduce the time it takes to make those resources available to your developers from weeks to just minutes. This results in a dramatic increase in agility for the organisation, since the cost and time it takes to experiment and develop is significantly lower.
- Stop spending money on running and maintaining your own hardware servers! Rather, you can focus on projects that differentiate your business, not the infrastructure. Cloud computing lets you focus on your own customers, rather than on the heavy lifting of: racking, stacking and powering servers; updating & patching operating system and application software; Managing hardware & software Firewall policies; verification & validation of backup schedules; Monitoring database & client (users) activity and more…
- Go global in minutes. We can easily deploy your application in multiple regions around the world with just a few clicks. This means you can provide a lower latency and better experience for your customers simply and at minimal cost.
Hundreds of highly valued clients have joined theFMStudio Cloud Services community and leveraged the infrastructure to dramatically build their business – faster. The environment provides the flexibility to build and deploy your application, regardless of your use case or the industry you’re in.
You can save time and money by letting theFMStudio manage this infrastructure and web services, without compromising scalability, security or dependability. We can help you move faster, lower IT costs and scale up your applications, when ready.
We invite you to join us and become one of our very special Cloud Services clients and let us support you in achieving business success.
• Supporting Australian Small Businesses for almost 25 years •